5 Things to Do During Any Job Interview
While applying for a job offer you need to take into account that any company starts their selection process by going through CVs and calling potential candidates in for an interview. If you already applied for the job and are waiting for that call, or if you already have that interview scheduled for your dream job, then you should definitely take into account the following tips our team of experts have put together just for you:
- Be on time: Not only do you need to be on time for your interview, but we recommend you arrive at least 15 minutes early. You need to take into consideration traffic, delays in public transportation, the fact that you might not be exactly sure where the place is, etc. It is definitely better to arrive a bit earlier than expected than to show up half an hour late with a lame excuse. Remember, first impressions are extremely important in these cases.
- Dress appropriately: Sometimes, finding the perfect outfit is not easy, especially for women. For situations like job interviews, the best thing to do is choose the safe option. Go for the classics, pencil skirts, blouses, a modern pant suit, in neutral colors with a little pop of color. Never exaggerate on makeup, leave the heavy eyeshadow and liner for the club. Just a few accessories and you will be ready to knock their socks off!
- Be honest: Try to have your strenghts and weaknesses all worked out before the interview. The company will definitely value your honesty in this regard and, this way, you can put aside the so called “perfect candidate” profile.
- Use the resources at hand: If you already have some work experience, take advantage of the knowledge and tool you acquired while at those jobs. Furthermore, recruiters tend to ask about the reason you are leaving your current position; the best you can do is give an honest answer, always try not to talk negatively about your current or previous employer.
- Do your homework: Never go to a job interview without having done a bit of research about the company and about the position you are applying for. This way, you will not be caught off guard by the interviewer.
You are now officially ready for your next job interview! Remember, do not be scared of being yourself, doing that and following these great recommendations, we are sure you will get that job you have always dreamed of having!
Your job search starts here: Argentina | Australia | Austria | Bahrain | Belgium | Brazil | Canada | Chile | China | Colombia | Costa Rica | Czech Republic | Denmark | Ecuador | Egypt | Finland | France | Germany | Greece | Hong Kong | Hungary | India | Indonesia | Ireland | Italy | Israel | Japan | Kazakhstan | Kuwait | Luxembourg | Malaysia | Mexico | Morocco | Netherlands | New Zealand | Nigeria | Norway | Oman | Panama | Peru | Philippines | Poland | Portugal | Puerto Rico | Qatar | Romania | Russia | Saudi Arabia | Singapore | South Africa | South Korea | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland | Taiwan | Thailand | Turkey | UK | Ukraine | United Arab Emirates | Uruguay | USA | Venezuela | Vietnam
Vanessa Fardi / NEUVOO
Team Leader US/CA/LATAM
Power-Influence-Office Politics: it comes down to your Strategic Relationships and understanding of how you build each one of these elements. I want to help you accelerate your career by connecting you with your Free Instant Access to my video that outlines all of this and meaningful actions you can take today! Start watching now by clicking here!
Brought to you by Dorothy Tannahill-Moran – dedicated to unleashing your professional potential. Introvert Whisperer