Eco-Friendly Offices: Going the Extra Mile for our Planet
- Guest Author
- December 23, 2016
- Office Politics
- No responses
Nowadays, more and more companies are getting in the green wagon, following the steps of two big whales like Google and Siemens. Global warming is a reality that is affecting us deeply each day that passes and even more when we do not do anything to change the situation. Going green is something anyone can do, it can go from completely starting a company from scratch and investing in an eco-friendly structure, to the simple actions listed in this article. Employees can really make the difference in helping the companies during this initiative. So let’s get on that green path following these simple steps!
- 40-50% of the carbon emissions from a company are due to the telecommuting of their employees. This percentage could be significantly decreased by simply carpooling to work with some coworkers or using public transportation or, if you are not too far from the office, you can even take a bike. A little effort goes a long way. Some companies have also implemented a day in which their employees can work from home, giving them the chance to be more comfortable and even save a little on gas.
- Take advantage of sunny days. Pull up those blinds and soak up the sun! By doing so, you can decrease your energy consumption up to 75%.
- Recycling is probably one of the most popular initiatives in any office. Just make sure to duly identify each bin (bright colors work great), and put them in a visible place where people cannot miss them.
- Purchasing furniture and decorations made from recyclable materials is very in right now. Vegan leather, recycled plastic, and even cardboard can be used to make eco-friendly furniture –and it looks great-. You can also purchase green materials for the office. Nowadays, you can find just about anything in a green store: pencils, pens, recycled paper, notebooks, you just need to fill the cart!
- The greenest thing you can do is stop using paper. The digital era implies that everything should be digitalized. Not only do we help save the planet, but we also save on toner, paper, energy, and even time.
These eco-friendly initiatives not only help the environment, but they also influence the employees’ well-being when they know they are contributing with our beautiful planet.
Your job search starts here: Argentina | Australia | Austria | Bahrain | Belgium | Brazil | Canada | Chile | China | Colombia | Costa Rica | Czech Republic | Denmark | Ecuador | Egypt | Finland | France | Germany | Greece | Hong Kong | Hungary | India | Indonesia | Ireland | Italy | Israel | Japan | Kazakhstan | Kuwait | Luxembourg | Malaysia | Mexico | Morocco | Netherlands | New Zealand | Nigeria | Norway | Oman | Panama | Peru | Philippines | Poland | Portugal | Puerto Rico | Qatar | Romania | Russia | Saudi Arabia | Singapore | South Africa | South Korea | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland | Taiwan | Thailand | Turkey | UK | Ukraine | United Arab Emirates | Uruguay | USA | Venezuela | Vietnam
Vanessa Fardi / NEUVOO
Team Leader US/CA/LATAM
Bottom-line – I want to help you accelerate your career – to achieve what you want by connecting you with your Free Instant Access to my 4 Building Blocks to Relationships eBook– the backbone to your Networking success and fantastic work relationships. Grab yours by visiting here right now!
Brought to you by Dorothy Tannahill-Moran – dedicated to unleashing your professional potential. Introvert Whisperer