Improving Our Performance in the Workplace in 5 Simple Steps
Are you one of those employees who works extra hours every day? Do you sleep with your smartphone on? Do you check your email at night and on weekends? Do you feel it is necessary? If your answer is yes, you are probably wrong. Working extra hours is not beneficial for either the employer or the company unless it is completely and utterly necessary. What we really need to figure out is how to organize our time efficiently to be able to improve our performance in the workplace. In order to make this happen, you just need to follow these five simple steps:
- Wake up a bit earlier. You will have more time to organize your pending tasks and you will definitely have a more productive day. Make the most out of your day!
- Plan your daily tasks by giving priority to the most complicated ones. Always put the most important and complicated tasks first. Our concentration is always better during the morning and we have more energy. Leaving those tasks for the end of the day can be counterproductive due to the fact that, by the end of the working day, fatigue takes over, which can even lead to making mistakes.
- Rest from time to time. Every two hours or so, get up from your chair, stretch, walk across the office, go get some water, talk with your coworkers about subjects that are not job related and then get back to work.
- Delegate responsibilities. If you have a team that you trust, try to delegate some of your tasks, especially when you are in charge of a big project. Your employees will also thank you for the fact that you trust them enough to give them more responsibilities.
- Organize your workspace and your computer. If your workplace and your PC are organized, your ideas and tasks will be too. It is almost impossible to be efficient when your workplace is disorganized.
By following these tips, you will be able to improve your productivity and you will manage to reach for the stars in the workplace without having to drain yourself working extra hours.
Your job search starts here: Argentina | Australia | Austria | Bahrain | Belgium | Brazil | Canada | Chile | China | Colombia | Costa Rica | Czech Republic | Denmark | Ecuador | Egypt | Finland | France | Germany | Greece | Hong Kong | Hungary | India | Indonesia | Ireland | Italy | Israel | Japan | Kazakhstan | Kuwait | Luxembourg | Malaysia | Mexico | Morocco | Netherlands | New Zealand | Nigeria | Norway | Oman | Panama | Peru | Philippines | Poland | Portugal | Puerto Rico | Qatar | Romania | Russia | Saudi Arabia | Singapore | South Africa | South Korea | Spain | Sweden | Switzerland | Taiwan | Thailand | Turkey | UK | Ukraine | United Arab Emirates | Uruguay | USA | Venezuela | Vietnam
Vanessa Fardi / NEUVOO
Team Leader US/CA/LATAM
All the content produced by neuvoo is protected by copyright, therefore, any omission of the content’s origin or of its author at the time of its publication on the Internet will be considered a violation of the aforementioned rights, including its unauthorized use in any digital source.
Personal Branding starts with how well you speak about YOU. I want to help you accelerate your career by connecting you with your Free Instant Access to my eBook – The Definitive Guide to Creating and Using an Elevator Speech. In this guide, I give you simple to follow instructions for creating a “wardrobe” of ways to talk about you – to leave a lasting impression. Get your copy now!
Brought to you by Dorothy Tannahill-Moran – dedicated to unleashing your professional potential. Introvert Whisperer